Signed in as:
Signed in as:
• Over one-third of adults 65+ fall each year
• 20-30% of falls cause moderate to severe injuries
• In 2005, nearly 1.8 million people over 65+ were treated in ERs for nonfatal injuries from falls
• At least one-third of all falls involve environmental hazards in the home
• Two-thirds of those who fell, will fall again within six months
Crossroads Homecare has recognized the importance of fall prevention and has developed training, oversight, and procedures to help reduce the chances of injury.
By taking these steps the chance of falls is greatly reduced and keeps our older adults safe.
STEP 1 - NEEDS ASSESSMENT & HOME INSPECTION
Our agency does a complimentary personalized need assessment and home inspection to ensure safety and reduced the risk of repeat falls.
A home inspection includes:
• Hygiene - Transfer Benches, Chairs, and Handheld Shower Heads all need to be accessed
• Grab Bars - Properly installed in high-risk areas
• Transfers - Are we properly prepared?
• Toileting - Procedures & proximity for ease of use
• Entrances & Pathways - Getting In/Out, Reducing tripping hazards
STEP 2 - CARE GIVER TRAINING
An aide is carefully chosen based on our needs assessment with caring compassion. Our agency schedules a training session with the client, aide, and therapist. This keeps consistency in transfers and exercise while providing a chance to regain a level of independence.
STEP 3 - RN SUPERVISION/MONITOR PROGRESS*
Once home, a formalized RN Plan of Care is developed and monitored via supervisory visits. This helps track compliance and progress via documentation to ensure we are providing the best services as promised!
*Services must be provided a minimum of 30 days to have the RN assessment fee waived.
Each year, 3 million older people are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries
Copyright © 2022 Crossroads Homecare - All Rights Reserved.